What is Rhinoplasty?
The process of plastic surgery involving in reshaping, resizing or reconstruction of the nose to get rid-off the deformities of the nose or to treat any malfunction of the nose or enhance the aesthetic beauty of the face, is known as Rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is commonly known as a ‘nose job.’
Aesthetic enhancement or beautification is not the only reason for rhinoplasty. It is a dangerous procedure and needs a lot of planning and care as compared to any other surgery of the body. The patient, as well as the doctor, need to be assured and cautious about this surgery. Rhinoplasty is done as an outpatient procedure. It may be done under local or general anesthesia. The patient may require staying in the hospital for a day or two.
Rhinoplasty can involve surgical complications similar to other surgeries like bleeding, infection, reaction to other medicines or anesthesia. It is advised that rhinoplasty also requires a good post-operation care. It takes two weeks for the surgery to heal completely. The patient to start with his daily activities within two days of the procedure.
Purpose of getting Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty involves the correction of:
- Nose length
- Nose width
- Any defect in the bridge or tip of the nose.
- Nostrils shape
- Septal deviation that causes nasal blocks
- Irregular humps or deviation in the nose
- Nasal asymmetry
- Obstruction in breathing or passing air from the nose
- Congenital deformities
Types of rhinoplasty
- Reduction rhinoplasty– When the is surgery involved in altering the size of the nose correction, of the width of the nose or bridge bump, or modifying the nostril size shape to bring them in the exact proportion of the rest of the face is called reduction rhinoplasty
- Augmentation rhinoplasty– Surgery is done to increase the structural material of graphs for the announcement of esthetic and functional purposes by adding and increasing the dimensions of the nose is called augmentation rhinoplasty.
- Post-traumatic rhinoplasty- As the name says, deformities of the nose like deviation, asymmetry or obstruction in breathing caused post-trauma is called post-traumatic rhinoplasty.
- Ethnic rhinoplasty– This surgery is carried out for maintaining the genetic features of the face as well as correcting any nasal deformity. Patients with particular nasal characteristics are taken into consideration, and this surgery deals with patients ethnicity.
Who can get a rhinoplasty done?
An ideal candidate for rhinoplasty can be considered if he oh she has
- A good General Health
- A fully formed and grown features except for breathing impairment and trauma cases
- Anyone having breathing or any problems
- Anyone having an aesthetic nasal deformity
- Anyone who needs cosmetic treatment for realistic expectations
Who can perform a rhinoplasty?
When people are expecting an appealing change but are unable to point the actual spot of change is said to be a complete rhinoplasty procedure. This kind of result can be possible if the right person does the surgery. The cosmetic surgeon who performs the rhinoplasty procedure should have the essential qualifications, knowledge, experience, and explicit acumen for doing such a technical and sensitive surgery.
A person getting a rhinoplasty done, bestows all his trust on the surgeon believing that the result of the surgery would give the patient a new beautiful and aesthetic look. This kind of surgery is not a matter of joke. One can play with clothes or colors but not with body parts.